Dr. Olufemi B. ADEDEJI
DVM (Ibadan), MVPH (Ibadan), Ph.D. (Ibadan)
Area of Specialization:
Aquatic Pathobiology (Fish and Wildlife Medicine)
Member, International Society for Animal Hygiene
Member, Fisheries Society of Nigeria
Member, Nigerian Veterinary Medical Association
Member, Network of Tropical Aquaculture and Fisheries Professionals
Office: Room 4 Ground Floor, National Zoonoses Center (Nucleus Laboratory) Department of Veterinary Public Health and Preventive Medicine Tel. 00 234 (0) 803 491 7181
Current Research Projects:
(i) Studies on external and internal parasites of wild and cultured fish species cultured in ponds in Western Nigeria.
(ii) Immune response of Tilapia fish to bacteria infection.
(iii) Toxicological effects of pesticides on Clarias gariepinus.
(iv) Pesticides residues in Live catfish offer for sales in Nigerian Markets.
(i) Books or chapters in Book already published
1. Adedeji O. B., (2004) Some Diseases of Livestock Transmissible to man (Zoonoses). Agriculture, Renewable Natural Resources, Animal Husbandry and Health. Published by General Studies Programme (GSP) University of Ibadan. Nigeria. 167 - 181pp.
2. Adedeji O.B. and Adetunji V. O. Pest in Farm Animals and Stored Animal Products Published by General Studies Programme (GSP) University of Ibadan. Nigeria. 142 - 152pp
3. Ogundipe G.A.T, Eyarefe O. D., Adedeji O. B. and Lasisi O. T. Principle of Disease Prevention and Control in livestock and fisheries. Published by General Studies Programme (GSP) University of Ibadan. Nigeria. 153-166pp.
(iii) Articles that have already appeared in learned Journals.
4. Ishola, O. O. and Adedeji, O. B. (1998) Likely diseases of Fish in Culture System in Ogun State: II Non-Infectious and Environmental Diseases Proceeding of the Seminar on Aquaculture in Ogun State Management and Veterinary Needs. Held on 11th November, 1997 at the Veterinary Hospital Complex, Ibara Abeokuta, Ogun State pp. 44-47.
5. Agbede, S.A.; Ishola, O.O.; Adedeji, O.B. and Atanda, A.A. (1999) Delayed Hypersensitivity reaction in Tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus). J. Fish Tech. Vol. 1, 28-33.
6. Taiwo, V.O.; Agbede, S.A. and Adedeji, O.B. (1999) Authoerythrophagocytosis by Peripheral Blood Monocytes in Ruminants with Haemoprotozoan Disease. Tropical Journal of Animal Science 2 (1): 215-222.
7. Adedeji, O.B.; Taiwo, V.O. and Agbede, S.A. (2000) Comparative Haematology of Five Nigerian Freshwater fish species. Nig. Vet. Journal Vol. 21, 75-84.
8. Taiwo, V.O.; Adedeji, O.B. and Agbede, S.A. (2000) Enzyme-linked Immunosocbent Assay (ELISA) as a Rapid Method for Screening Tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus) against the Metacercarine of Digenetic Trematode Clinostomum Tilapiae Ukoli 1960. Journal of West African Fisheries, Vol. 9, 503 -506.
9. Agbede, S.A.; Ishola, O.O. and Adedeji, O.B. (2001) Bacteriological Quality of Raw Milk from hand milked, Cachectic and dirty cows kept at U.I. Dairy Farm Nig. Vet. Journal 22 (1) 17-23.
10. Agbede, S.A.; Adedeji, O.B.; Adeyemo, O.K.; and Olufemi, B.E. (2001) Fish Food Development, Safety and Security in Nigeria. Proceedings of The USDA/USAID/NIGERIA Sponsored International Conference on Food Safety and Security in Nigeria, held at IITA, Ibadan- Nigeria between 1st - 3rd August 2001 58-69.
11. Agbede, S.A.; Adedeji, O.B. and Adeyemo, O.K. (2002) Tissues and Organs Involved in the non-specific Defence Mechanism in fish: a review J. Fish Tech. Vol. 2, No. 2, 66-72.
12. Adeyemo, O.K.; Olaniyan, A.O.; Ishola, O.O. and Adedeji, O.B. (2002) Seasonal water Parameters of Active and Resting Nursery Ponds Wildlife and Fisheries Management Department's fish Farm, University of Ibadan Nig. Vet. Journal Vol. 23 (1) 22-26.
13. Adeyemo, A.O.; Agbede, S.A.; Taiwo, V.O. and Adedeji, O.B. (2003) Prevalence, Abundance and Intensity of Clinostomum tilpiae on Cultured Oreochromis niloticus. Tropical Veterinarian Vol. 21 (3) 129-133.
14. Adedeji, O. B.; Akinwusi, F.; Olaniyan, A.O. and Adeyemo, O. K (2003). Comparative Impact of Protozoan Ectoparasite on Fry of the African Catfish and Common Corp. Nig. Vet. Journal Vol 24 (3): 156 -159.
15. Agbede, S. A; Adedeji, O. B.; Adeyemo, O. K.; Esuruoso, G. O. and, Haroun, Y. (2003). Small Scale Fish Production in Veterinary Practice. Nig. Vet. Journal Vol. 24 (3) 160 -171.
16. Agbede, S. A.; Adeyemo, O. K.; Adedeji, O. B.; Olaniyan, A. O. and Esuruoso, G. O. (2003). Teaching of Fish and Wildlife Medicine to D. V. M Students: The Scope, Opportunities and Applications in Practice. Nig. Vet. Journal Vol 24 (3) 172 -178.
17. Agbede, S.A.; Adeyemo, O.K.; Ajani, F; and Adedeji, O.B.(2004). Selectivity of three Aquatic weeds as diet for Nile Tilapia ( Orechromis niloticus ). African Journal of Livestock Extension Vol. 3 : 8-12.Read Abstract
18. Obikoya, M. A.; Olugasa, B. O.; and Adedeji, O. B. . Sustained Strategies for Beef Quality control at UAC Foods Marquis Factory in Southern Nigeria. Pp372 - 375 in Vol. II Proceedings of the X11th International Congress on Animal Hygiene 4 - 8 September  Warasaw, Poland. Belgtudio Warsaw Poland.
19. Adedeji, O. B. and Owoigbe Ogunoiki, G. A. M. Factor Affecting Catfish Production and its Public Health Implication in South Western Nigeria. Pp. 427-429 in Vol. II Proceedings of the X11th International Congress on Animal Hygiene 4-8 September 2005 Warsaw, Poland. Belgtudio Warsaw Poland.
20. Agbede, S.A.; Adedeji, O.B. and Adeyemo, O.K.; (2005). Proliferative Response of Tilapia T-Lympocytes to Stimulation by Concanvalin A. African Journal of Biomedial Research, VOL. 8 (2005); 151-155.
21. Agbede,S.A.; Adeyemo,O.K.; Adedeji, O.B.; Junaid A.B. (2006). Ultrastrural study of the phagocytic activities of splenic macrophages in tilapia ( Oreochromis niloticus). African Journal of Biotechnology Vol. 5 (22), pp.2350-2353.
22. Adeyemi, I.G. and Adedeji, O.B. (2006). Acute toxicity of acaricide in lizards (Agama agama) Inhabiting dog kennel in Ibadan, Nigeria: An environmental hazard in urban vector control. Environmentalist (2006) 26: 281-283.Read Abstract
23. Adedeji, O.B.; Adedeji, A.O,; Adeyemo,O.K. and Agbede, S.A. (2008) Acute toxicity of diazinon to the African catfish (Clarias gariepinus) African Journal of Biotechnology Vol. 7 (5), pp.651-654.
24. Adeyemo, O.K.; Ajani, O.; Adedeji, O.B. and Olajide O. (2008): Acute Toxicity and Blood Profile of Adult Clarias gariepinus Exposed to Lead Nitrate: The Internet Journal of Haematology.Volume 4, Number 2.
25. Adedeji, O B.; Adedeji, A.O.; Adeyemo, O.K.; and Agbede, S.A. (2009) Acute Effects Of Diazinon on Blood Paramters in the African Catfish (Clarias gariepinus). The Internet Journal of Hematology. Volume 5 Number 2
26. Adeyemo,O.K.; Ubiogoro, O.E. and Adedeji, O.B. (2009) Oil exploitation, fisheries resources and sustainable livelihood in the Niger delta Nature and Faune Vol 24 (1) p 62-67
27. Okonko, I.O.; Adedeji, O.B.; Babalola, E.T.; Fajobi, E.A.; Fowotade, A. and Adewale, O.G. (2010) Why Is There Still Rabies in the World? - An Emerging Microbial and Global Health Threat Global Veterinaria 4 (1): 34-50
28. Adedeji, O. B. (2010) Acute Effect Of Diazinon On Blood Plasma Biochemistry In The African Catfish (Clarias gariepinus) Journal of Clinical Medicine and Research Vol. 2 (1), pp.001-006
29. Adeyemo, O. K., Adedeji, O. B. And Offor, C. C. (2010) Blood Lead Level As Biomarker Of Environmental Lead Pollution In Feral And Cultured African Catfish (Clarias Gariepinus) Nigerian Veterinary Journal Vol 31(2): 139-147
30. Adedeji, A.O.; Okonko, I.O.; Eyarefe, O.D.; Adedeji, O.B.; Babalola, E.T.; Ojezele, M.O.; Nwanze, J.C. and Amusan. T.A. (2010). An overview of rabies - History, epidemiology, control and possible elimination. African Journal of Microbiology Research 4(22): 2327-2338.Read Abstract
31. Adedeji, O.B. and Kakulu, F.O. (2011) Carbon Trapping in the Lymphoid Tissues of African Catfish (Clarias gariepinus) IJBB Volume 7 Number 6 (2011) pp. 7-15
32. Adeyemo, O.K.; Adedeji, O.B.; Adetunji, V.O. and Komolafe, O. T. (2011) Gross and histological changes in the organs of an ascitic Clarias gariepinus . Africa Journal of Animal and Biomedical Sciences 5 (3), 2010
33. Adedeji, O.B.; Adeyemo, O.K. and Oyedele, M.O.(2011) Heavy Metals In Snail and Water samples from Alaro Rivers in Oluyole Industrial Area of Ibadan Southwestern Nigeria . J. Appl. Sci. Environ. Sanit. Sby., 6 (2): 115-121,
34. Adedeji O.B. (2011) Response of Acetylcholinesterase Activity in the Brain of Clarias gariepinus to Sublethal Concentration of Diazinon. J. Appl. Sci. Environ. Sanit. Sby., 6 (2): 137-141.
35. Adedeji, O.B. and Akinyera B. (2011) Microbial Quality of Prawns offer for sales at some Locations and Sales outlets in Ibadan, Southwestern Nigeria. J. Microbiol. Biotech. Res., 2011, 1 (1): 46-51.
36. Emipke, B.O. Adebisi, T. And Adedeji, O.B. (2011). Bacteria Load ofThe Skin and Stomach OfClarias gariepinus And Oreochromis niloticus From Different Aquatic Environments in Ibadan, South West Nigeria: Public Health Implications. J. Microbiol. Biotech. Res., 2011, 1 (1): 52-59
37. Adebisi, T.; Emikpe, O.B.; and Adedeji, O.B.(2011)Isolation and identification of aerobic bacteria flora of the skin and stomach of wild and cultured Clarias gariepinus and Oreochromis niloticus from Ibadan, Southwest Nigeria. (In Press)Archives of Applied Science Research, 2011, 3
38. Adedeji, O.B. and Okocha, R.C.(2011) Heavy Metal Concentrations in Prawns (Macrobrachium macrobrachion) and Water from Epe Lagoon in Southwestern Nigeria. IJFASS (In Press).
39. Okocha, R.C.and Adedeji, O.B.(2011) Heavy Metal Concentrations in Prawns (Macrobrachium vollenhovenii) and Water from Asejire Rivers in Southwestern Nigeria. IJBB (In Press)
40. Adedeji, O.B. and Okocha, R.C.(2011) Heavy Metal Bio-concentrations in Prawns (Macrobrachium macrobrachion and Macrobrachium volenhovenii) from Epe Lagoon and Asejire River in Southwestern Nigeria. IJBB (In Press)
(iv) Articles Submitted for Publication
1. Adedeji, O.B.; Adebisi, T. and Emikpe, O.B.(2011) The Antibiotic resistant patterns of bacterial flora of fish from different aquatic environments in Ibadan, South-West Nigeria. TrJFAS
2. Adedeji, O.B. and Ibrahim, S.O. Assessment of Microbial Safety of fresh shrimps offered for sales at Alesinloye and Eleyele Markets in Ibadan, Southwestern Nigeria. (2011) J. Appl. Sci. Environ. Sanit. Sby.
3. Adedeji O.B. (2011) AChE Activity in selected organs of the African catfish Glarias gariepinus to chronic effect of sublethal concentration of Diazinon J. Appl. Sci. Environ. Sanit. Sby.
4. Adedeji O.B. and Adetunji V. E. (2011) Aquatic Pollution In Nigeria: The way forward J. Appl. Sci. Environ. Sanit. Sby.
5. Adedeji O.B. and Adegbile A.F.(2011) An Investigation on Some Haematological Parameters in the Bagrid Catfish (Chrysichthys nigrodigitatus) and the African Catfish (Clarias gariepinus) from Asejire Dam in Southwestern Nigeria TrJFAS
Fellowship and Prizes:
Prof..Tielen Foundation Oversea Grant for young scientist to attend and present scientific paper at the XII International Society on Animal Hygiene Congress Warsaw, Poland (2005).