Dr. Isaac O. OLATOYE
DVM, MVPH, Ph.D (Ibadan) FCVSN
Area of Specialization:
Animal Diseases and Veterinary Drug Residues Surveillance
(Preventive Veterinary Medicine)-Member, Nigeria Veterinary Medical Association
Associate, International Society for Animal Hygiene
Member, Nigeria Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals
Office: Room 1B, First Floor, National Zoonoses Center (Nucleus Laboratory) Department of Veterinary Public Health and Preventive Medicine
Tel. 00 234 (0) 0805 785 2655
To contribute to the furtherance of ways of ensuring safe food of animal origin for the teeming human population in Nigeria in particular and the world in general by application of epidemiological concepts of holistic biomedical multi-disciplinary knowledge.
Exploring every aspect of veterinary public health knowledge to serve the human populace through sound preventive veterinary medicine, promoting safe and wholesome meat, milk, egg & other livestock products., thereby contributing to food security in Nigeria and beyond.
Current Research Projects:
a. Determination of antibiotic residues risks in meat, milk and egg being consumed in urban centres of Nigeria (on going).
b. Clinical and Molecular Epizootiology of Avian Influenza South Western Nigeria(on going).
1. Olatoye I.O. and G.A.T. Ogundipe (2003): Comparative Study of Two Diagnostic Techniques and Status of Sheep Trypanosomosis in Southwestern Nigeria: Nigeria Vet. Journal vol. 24 (3) pp. 44-48.
2. Olatoye I.O. and G.A.T. Ogundipe (2001): A Survey of the Usage of Drugs and Biological in Poultry Farms in Ibadan: The food safety concern A paper presented at the 38th Annual Congress of the Nigerian veterinary Medical Association held at Badagry Lagos State, Nigeria 9th to 13th October 2001, pp. 50.
3. Olatoye, I.O. (1992): The Agonizing Poultry Industry in Nigeria Students approach: Proceeding of World Poultry Congress held in Amsterdam September 1992 pp. 119.
4. Olatoye, I.O. (1992): Village Poultry Systems and Biological pollution:Proceedings of World Poultry Congress held in Amsterdam September 1992, pp. 118
Fellowships, Scholarships and Prizes Awarded:
1. Scholar Postgraduate School, University of Ibadan (2003 - 2006)
2. Youth Programme Award, World Poultry Congress, Netherlands (1992)
3. Distinction in Veterinary Pathology (1991)
4. Desmond Hill Prizes in D.V.M. Clinics, Veterinary Public Health
& Preventive Medicine and veterinary Surgery and Reproduction (1991)
5. Comassie Prize in Veterinary Public Health & Preventive Medicine
and veterinary Surgery and Reproduction
6. Faculty of Veterinary Medicine Award in DVM and Veterinary
Anatomy (1988 & 1991)
7. Veterinary Council of Nigeria in DVM (1991)
1. European Transfer Food Laboratory Training on Diagnosis and Control of HPAI, Oldenburg, Germany (2007)
2. National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control, Training Programme on Contaminants and Residues in Food, Lagos, Nigeria (2004)