I. (a) NAME: OLALEKAN SAMSON AGBOOLA
(b) DATE OF BIRTH: July 7, 1974
(c) DEPARTMENT: Veterinary Physiology, Biochemistry &Pharmacology
(d) FACULTY: Veterinary Medicine
(e) E-mail address: [email protected]
(f) Phone number: 08033959209
II. (a) FIRST NON ACADEMIC APPOINTMENT: May 12, 2011 (Technologist II)
(b) PRESENT POST (WITH DATE): October 1, 2014 (Technologist I)
(c) DATE OF LAST PROMOTION: October 1, 2014
III. UNIVERSITY EDUCATION (WITH DATES)
(a)University of Ibadan (1995 to 1999)
(b)University of Ibadan (1999 to 2001)
(c) The Federal University of Technology Akure (2003 to 2004)
(d) The Federal University of Technology Akure (2009 to 2012)
IV. ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS (WITH DATES AND AWARDING BODIES)
(a) Mtech. Food Microbiology, 2012: The Federal University of Technology Akure, Nigeria.
(b) Post Graduate Diploma (PGD), Food & Industrial Microbiology, 2004: The Federal University of Technology Akure, Nigeria.
(c) Final Diploma (Physiology/Pharmacology), 2001: University of Ibadan, Nigeria.
(d) Intermediate Diploma, Science Laboratory Technology (SLT), 1999: University of Ibadan, Nigeria.
V. PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND MEMBERSHIP (WITH DATES)
(a) Corporate member, The Institute of Science Technology (IST) London: 2003
(b) Associate member, Nigerian Institute of Science Laboratory Technology (NISLT): 2005
(i) Agboola, O.S. (2001): The effect of securidaca Longipenduculata on experimental ulcer in rats. Final year project, Laboratory Technology Training School (LTTS), University of Ibadan, Ibadan, Nigeria.
(ii) Agboola, O.S. (2004): The effect of food composition on microbial load of African giant snail (Archachatina Marginata). PGD. Thesis. Department of Microbiology, The Federal University of Technology Akure, Akure, Nigeria.
(iii) Agboola, O.S. (2015):Kolaviron attenuates sodium arsenite induced haematotoxicity and hepatotoxicity in wistar rats. Fellowship Thesis. Nigeria Institute of Science Laboratory Technology, Samonda Ibadan, Nigeria.
(a) Articles that have already appeared in Learned Journals
(1) Irondi A. E., Iweala E.J., Agboola O.S., Akintunde J.K. and Ajiboye J.A. (2015). Distribution of Metabolites and Antioxidant Activity in the Berry and shoot of solanum pseudocapsicum grown in Nigeria. Journal of Biochemistry Research & Review. 8(1):1-9.
(2) Irondi A.E., Oboh G., Agboola O.S., Boligon A.A. and Athayde M.A. Phenolics extract of Tetrapleura tetraptera fruit inhibits xanthine oxidaseand Fe2+-induced lipid peroxidation in the kidney, liver, and lungs tissuesof rats in vitro. Journal of Food Science and Human Wellness. (2016). 5: 17–23.
(3) Irondi A.E., Agboola O.S., Oboh G., Boligon A.A., Athayde M.A. and Shode F.O. Guava leaves polyphenolics-rich extractinhibits vital enzymes implicated in gout and hypertension in vitro. Journal of Intercultural Ethnopharmacology (2016). 5(2):122-130.
(4) Irondi A.E., Akintunde J.K, Agboola O.S., Boligon A.A. and Athayde M.A. (2016). Blanching influences the phenolics composition, antioxidant activity, and inhibitory effect of Adansonia digitata leaves extract on α-amylase, α-glucosidase, and aldose reductase. Journal of Food Science & Nutrition. (2016).
VIII. CONFERENCES, WORKSHOPS AND TRAINING ATTENDED
(1) Staff training and orientation course: April 10th to 13th 2012.
(2) Scientific research methods, qualitative research and data management: May 6th to 12th 2012.
(3) Responsible conduct in research: July 25th to 26th 2012.
(4) 33rd Physiological Society of Nigeria (PSN) Annual Scientific Conference. Ibadan (Nigeria) from 12th to 15th February, 2014.
(5) Training workshop on the use of power Lab as Teaching Tool for Physiology and Pharmacology August 17-21, 2015
(6) Update Training workshop on the use of power Lab as Teaching Tool for Physiology and Pharmacology