I. PERSONAL DETAILS
a. Name (surname underlined): ADEDIRAN, Oyeduntan Adejoju
Maiden Name: ADERIBIGBE
b. Date of Birth: May 31, 1968
II. EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND
University Education (with Dates):
(a) University of Ibadan, Ibadan, 1984 - 1990
(b) University of Ibadan, Ibadan, 1992 - 1995
(c) University of Ibadan, Ibadan, 1995 – 2005
Academic Qualifications (with dates and granting bodies)
(a) Doctor of Veterinary Medicine with Distinction in Veterinary Public Health and Preventive Medicine (1990), University of Ibadan.
(b) Master of Science (MSc) in Veterinary Parasitology (1995),
University of Ibadan.
(c) PhD in Veterinary Parasitology (2005), University of Ibadan.
I. Distinctions, Honours and Membership of Learned Society
(a) Distinction in Veterinary Public Health and Preventive Medicine 1990
(b) Member, Nigerian Veterinary Medical Association.
III. WORK AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Walebod Farms Nigeria Limited, Ilorin Kwara State 1990-1991
The farm was an integrated farm having both animal and crop farming. The animal section for which I was responsible included the horse stable, cattle and small ruminant section, rabbit and piggery. I also monitored a project to raise local turkey on range for commercial purposes.
I worked as a Veterinary Officer in National Youth Service Corp
Joszef Veterinary Clinic Ibadan 1992-1992
I was the veterinarian in charge of the daily running of the clinic which was basically a small animal clinic with ambulatory services and a pharmaceutical section.
Details of Teaching Experience at University Level
I was appointed Lecturer II in the Department of Veterinary Microbiology and Parasitology, University of Ibadan in 1993 and was promoted Lecturer I in 1998 and Senior Lecturer in 2002.
I have jointly taught four undergraduate and five postgraduate courses listed below:
Undergraduate Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM)
Introduction to Veterinary Parasitology
Postgraduate MSc and MVSc Veterinary Parasitology
General Principles of Parasitology
Diseases caused by Helminths
Laboratory identification of Parasitic Helminths and Protozoa
(a) Experimental studies on the biology of Lymnaea natalensis with different regimes of feeding.
(b) Seroprevalence of trichinellosis in southwest Nigeria
(c) Natural helminth infection and response to anthelmintics in West African Dwarf goats.
(d) Seroprevalence of Leishmaniasis in hunting and companion dogs in southwest Nigeria and the zoonotic implications
(e) Echinococcus granulosus infection in hunting and companion dogs in southwest Nigeria and the zoonotic implications
(f) Vernornia amygdalina as an anthelminthic and anticoccidial in goats
(a) Trematode infection in fresh water snails in southwest Nigeria
(b) Parasites of Snakes and reptiles in Southwest Nigeria
(c) Epidemiology of parasite infection in commercial quail rearing systems in southwest Nigeria
Project, Dissertation and Thesis
(a) Newcastle disease, infectious bursal disease and egg drop syndrome ’76
in Nigerian indigenous chickens.
DVM degree dissertation, University of Ibadan, 1990.
(b) A study of the rabbit (Oryctolagus cuniculus) as a laboratory host for
Fasciola gigantica infection.
M.Sc. degree dissertation, University of Ibadan 1995.
(c) Application of GIS and Computer Simulation in the distribution of Lymnaea natalensis Krauss and the prevalence of fascioliasis in cattle. PhD degree Thesis 2005.
Articles that have already appeared in refreed conference proceedings:
1. Sonibare, A.O.; Ayoade G.O.; Adedokun, O.A.; Kumshe, H.A.; Olufemi, E.B. and Otesile, E.B. (2005) Lipeurus caponis infestation in turkey and chicken in Ibadan, Nigeria. Proc. 1st Nigeria International Poultry Summit (NIPS) Feb. 20-25. Ota, Ogun state.
2. Adediran O.A and Uwalaka E.C. (2012) Rearing of Lymnaea natalensis (Krauss, 1848), intermediate host of Fasciola gigantica (Cobbold, 1856). Proceedings of the 12th Annual Conference of the Nigerian Society for Experimental Biology (NISEB) March 14th-17th. University of Benin, Benin City.
Articles that have already appeared in learned journals:
3. Fagbemi B. O.; Aderibigbe O. and Guobadia E.E. (1997):
The use of monoclonal antibody for the immunodiagnosis of Fasciola gigantica infection in cattle. Veterinary Parasitology 69:231 – 240
4. Guobadia Esther E; Adedokun, Oye. A. and Fagbemi Benjamin, O. (1996): Parasite – Snail host relationship of Fasciola gigantica and Lymnaea natalensis. The Nigerian Journal of Parasitology 17: 39-50.
5. Adedokun, Oyeduntan A. and Durojaiye, O.A. (1999): Newcastle
Disease, infectious bursal disease and egg drop syndrome ’76 antibodies in Nigerian local chickens. Tropical Veterinarian
17(1 & 2): 45-50.
6. Adedokun, O.A. and Owoade, A.A. (1999): Chorioptes bovis
(Mite) isolation from chicken. Tropical Veterinarian 18: 33 – 35.
7. Sadiq, N.A; Adejinmi, J.O. and Adedokun, O.A. (2001):
Anthropophilic nature of the brown dog tick, Rhipicephalus
sanguineus in Ibadan, Nigeria: A case report.
Tropical Veterinarian 19(2): 58-59.
8. Adedokun, O.A.; Adejinmi, J.O. and Ukoikpoko, G.B.(2001):
Effect of husbandry system on the incidence of lungworm
(Metastrongylus spp.) in pigs in Ibadan, Nigeria.
Tropical Veterinarian 19(3) 175-177.
9. Adejinmi, J.O.; Adedokun, O.A.; Ayoade, G.O. and Obadua, A.A.
(2001): Intestinal helminth and protozoan parasites of pigs reared
under intensive management system in Ibadan, Nigeria.
Tropical Veterinarian 19 (4): 258-262.
10. Adedokun, O.A.; Adejinmi, J.O.; Sadiq, N.A. and Enibe, O.F. (2001):
Effects of antibiotics, salt and pH on the hatchability of Fasciola
gigantica eggs: short communication. Tropical Veterinarian 19(2), 63-67.
11. Adedokun, O.A. and Fagbemi, B.O. (2001): The rabbit
(Oryctolagus cuniculus) as a laboratory host for Fasciola gigantica
infection – Parasite development clinical symptoms and liver
pathology. African Journal of Biomedical Research. Vol. 4, No. 3:161-163.
12. Adedokun, O.A.; Adedokun, R.A.M.; Emikpe, B.O., Ohore, O.G.;
Oluwayelu, D.O. and Ajayi, O.L. (2002): Concurrent fatal
Helminthosis and balantidosis in Red monkey (Erythrocebus patas)
in Ibadan, Nigeria. Nigerian Veterinary Journal Vol. 23(2): 56 - 59
13. Sadiq N.A; Adejinmi, J.O; Adedokun, O.A; Fashanu, S.O; Alimi, A.A. and Sofunmade, Y.T. (2003). Ectoparasites and Haemoparasites of Indigenous Chicken (Gallus domesticus) in Ibadan and environs. Tropical Veterinarian 21 (4), 187-191
14. Adeolu , Alex, Adedapo; Olufemi, Olaitan Shabi and Oyeduntan, Adejoju, Adedokun, (2005). Anthelmintic efficacy of the aqueous crude extract of Euphorbia hirta Linn in Nigerian dogs. Veterinarski Arhiv 75(1), 39-47.
15. Oyeduntan A. Adedokun, Adekunle B. Ayinmode and Benjamin O. Fagbemi (2008). Seasonal Prevalence of Fasciola gigantica Infection Among the Sexes in Nigerian Cattle. Veterinary Research 2 (1): 12-14
16. Oyeduntan Adejoju Adedokun, Adekunle Bamidele Ayinmode, Benjamin Olakunle Fagbemi: A comparative study of three methods for detecting Fasciola infections in Nigerian cattle. Veterinarski Arhiv 78(5), 411-416, 2008.
17. O.A. Adedokun, Olanike.K. Adeyemo, E. Adeleye and R. K. Yusuf, (2008) Seasonal limnological variation and nutrient load of the river system in Ibadan metropolis, Nigeria. European Journal of Scientific Research, Vol 23, No 1, pp. 98-108
18. O.K Adeyemo, O.A Adedokun, R.K Yusuf and E.A Adeleye, (2008). Seasonal changes in the physico-chemical parameters and nutrient load of river sediments in Ibadan city, Nigeria. Global Nest Journal, Vol 10, No 3, pp 326-336.
19. Ayinmode, A. B., Adedokun, O. A., Adeogun, A. O. and Taiwo, V. O, (2010). Zoonotic implications of Pentastomiasis in the Royal python (Python regius). Ghana Medical Journal. Vol. 44. No 3, 115 - 118.
20. Ajadi R. A., Omobowale T. O., Igado O. O., Adejinmi J. O., Adedokun O. A., Nottidge H. O., (2011). Dirofilaria immitis infection in a three year old doberman. Folia Veterinary, 55, 3: 103-106.
21. Omonona A. O., Adedokun O.A. and S.A. Adekoya-Gafaar (2011). Parasitological studies on Agama lizard (Agama agama) in Ibadan. Advances in Environmental Biology 5 (5):803-807
22. Elezuo K. O., Omonona A. O. and Adedokun A. O (2012) Ectoparasites of farmed Clarias gariepinus in Eti-Osa Local Government Area Lagos State, Nigeria. Advances in Agriculture, Sciences and Engineering Research Vol. 2 (11) Dec. 526-532.
23. Elezuo K. O., Omonona A. O. and Adedokun A. O (2012) Ectoparasites of Clarias gariepinus (BURCHELL 1822) from Lagos Lagoon, Nigeria. Continental Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Science 6 (2): 16-23.
24. Adediran O. A., & Uwalaka, E. C. (2012). Seroprevalence of Trichinellosis in Pigs slaughtered in Bodija Abbattoir Oyo State, Nigeria. World Journal of Life Sciences and Medical Research 2012; 2 (5): 166.
25. Oyeduntan A. Adediran and Uwalaka E. C, and Soetan K. O., (2012). Recovery of Helminth Ova from Soil in Ibadan Metropolis. International Journal of Applied Agricultural Research Vol. 7, Number 3, pp. 209-214.
26. Oyeduntan Adejoju Adediran, Emmanuel Chibuike Uwalaka. (2013) Laboratory breeding of Lymnaea natalensis (Krauiss, 1848), Intermediate Host of Fasciola gigantica (Cobbold, 1856). New York Science Journal 2013:6 (8):55-57.
Acting head, Department of Veterinary Microbiology and Parasitology, August 1, 2012- July 31, 2014
Sub-dean Postgraduate Faculty of Veterinary Medicine August 1, 2007 - July 31, 2009
Chairman Parents Teachers Association of the Staff school University of Ibadan, Ibadan, 2008 - 2011.
Member, Faculty Veterinary Medicine Ceremonial Committee 1995 to 2011.
Chairman, Department of Veterinary Microbiology and Parasitology ceremonial committee, 1999 - 2012.
Editor in Chief, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine News letter 2008 - 2013.
Member, Faculty Veterinary Medicine Experimental Animal Unit committee 2002 - 2006
Member, Committee on Research Management (CEOREMA) in University of Ibadan 2010
Dr. Oyeduntan A. Adediran February 2014.